You just installed iAdvize on your site and wish to set up a basic Click to Chat configuration. This article offers a simple setup so that you can quickly interact with your visitors.
1/ Set the display mode
Once connected to your iAdvize administration:
- click the "Settings" button (1). Then click the "Display settings" link (2).
- only managers and administrators have access to the iAdvize administration.
The display mode makes it possible to select the default chat display elements on your site. Specifically, this is the default behaviour you will have on your site when you are online and available on your discussion panel.
1.1/ The chat window
Two display modes are available for the chat box: the chat window and the chat bar.
- The chat window is a pop-in that opens on your site. The latter can be displaced by the visitors and will still be visible if they move on the page.
- The chat bar is a bar that will be positioned at the bottom of your site. The latter cannot be moved by the visitor, but it will follow their movements on the page.
1.2 / The service button
2 display modes are available for the service button: a floating button and a fixed button.
- The floating button is a button that is typically placed on the bottom right hand corner of your site. We speak of a floating button because when the visitor uses the scrollbar to access the bottom of the page, the floating button follows the navigation and remains visible at all times.
- The fixed button is a button that is placed in the actual content of your page. It is integrated in the body and therefore does not follow the navigation of the visitor as the floating button does.
You can show or hide each of these elements by default.
We recommend you to use the chat window hidden by default (1) with a floating button displayed by default (2). In fact, this combination offers the best response rate from visitors.
2/ Customise the graphical display of the chat elements
Once your display mode has been selected, you can customise the graphical display of each element.
2.1/ The chat window
To access the customisation page of the chat window, click the "Settings" button (1). Then on the links "Display Settings" (2) and "Chat window" (3)
This page lets you customise the appearance (size, colour, dimensions) and the texts of the chat box.
We recommend using the "chat window" format.
For more information about the chat window customisation, we encourage you to read this article: Customising the chat window
2.2/ The service button
To access the customisation page, click the "Settings" button (1). Then on the links "Display Settings" (2), "Service button" (3), and "Create a widget" (4).
This page lets you customise the appearance (size, colour, dimensions, portrait) and the text of a service button.
We recommend using the "floating widget" format. Once you have created your floating button, do not forget to activate it as the default display mode for your site (1).
For more information about the floatting button customisation, we encourage you to read this article: Customising the service button/widget
3/ Connecting to the discussion panel
Once all of the chat graphics configuration is completed, simply connect to your discussion panel to make yourself available. It will trigger the display mode you have selected by default.