New to iAdvize and don't know how to install the solution on your site? Here are the steps for installing the solution in 5 minutes.
First of all, we suggest you to check that your network configuration is properly set to be compatible with iAdvize.
1/ Get your iAdvize code
Your iAdvize code is available in your iAdvize administration. Here are the addresses to log into iAdvize:
- on our standard platform: www.iadvize.com/admin
- on our high availability platform: ha.iadvize.com/admin
- click on your 'Profile' button at the top right Then click the links "Projects" and "insert this script"
- only managers and administrators have access to the iAdvize administration
2/ Install the solution
2.1/ Install the iAdvize code manually
The iAdvize code is presented as follows:
Note: This iAdvize code is to be install on all pages of your site, ideally, closest to the html tag </body>.
The mandatory parameters are the following:
- XXXX.iadvize.com: corresponds to the platform of your account. If your account is on the standard platform, you will get "lc.iadvize.com". If your account is on the high availability platform, you will get "halc.iadvize.com". This field is automatically filled in if you get the code from your iAdvize administration.
- sid=YYYY: is the site identifier associated with your iAdvize account. This field is automatically filled in if you get the code from your iAdvize administration.
The optional parameters are the following :
- &lang=ZZ: To force the display of chat elements in a given language, you can add the parameter &lang=ZZ after the parameter sid=YYYY.
By default, the language in which chat elements are displayed is the language of the visitor's browser.
Here is the list of languages currently supported by iAdvize chat elements:
fr (French)/en (English)/es (Spanish)/de (German)/nl (Dutch)/pt (Portuguese)/it (Italian)/pl (Polish)/tr (Turkish)/dk (Denmark)/se (Swedish)/ca (Catalan)/ru (Russian)/cz (Czech)/cn (Chinese)/ jp (Japanese)/ kr (South Korea)
Here's an example of the iAdvize code once the options are configured.
It is intended for the standard platform account with the website ID 1234 and will display the chat in French regardless of the language defined in the visitor's browser.
3/ Make sure the iAdvize code is properly installed
After the installation of the code on all pages of your site, the most reliable way to ensure it functions properly is through the Console of your browser.
To do this, simply go to your site using Firefox/Chrome/Internet Explorer and press the F12 key (1) of your keyboard.
Click on the "Console" tab (2), and type the keyword "iAdvize" (3) and validate with the "enter" key.
Two displays are possible:
- A set of iAdvize variables appears on the screen: the iAdvize code is properly installed:
- The message "iAdvize is not defined": the iAdvize code is not properly installed:
4.1/ The conversion tag
In order to track the sales generated after contact, you need to install our conversion tag on your order confirmation page (or the other element you need to track).
4.2/ The custom data tag