You are a new agent? Welcome to iAdvize!
We present to you some good practices in order to get off to a good start on your desk and enjoy chatting with your visitors.
A few ground rules...
- Reactivity and patience
Promptly send the first message to your visitor. We recommend you do so within 30 seconds.
If you need time to find the answer, just let the visitor know you are looking it up. ("Please hold on, I'm looking for your answer").
- Professionalism and courtesy
Say "Hello", "Thank you" and "Bye" the way you would in real life. It'll be much appreciated. (You are representing a brand after all!)
Beware of spelling and grammar mistakes, they don't look good.
1. Manage your presence on the conversation panel
You have three statuses to manage your presence for the different channels (chat/call)
- Green: you are available and ready to chat.
- Orange: you are busy and can no longer process new conversations on this channel. This status automatically changes to orange when you reach the threshold of available slots configured for your account.
- Red: you are unavailable. This status can be managed manually.
2. Canned answers
To increase responsiveness, you can use the canned answers. Some of them may have already been configured by your administrator or manager. To use them, click on
Nevertheless, you can manage custom canned answers. To do so, click on "Manage".
3. Transfer a visitor
4. Snooze a conversation
A visitor does not answer momentarily because he has left the site?
If asynchronous messaging* is configured on your account, it is then possible to snooze a conversation for a certain length of time (3 hours, 24 hours or custom). The conversation in progress will disappear from the conversation panel.
It's also known as the snooze. In this case, the "Pause" button will appear on your desk.
* Asynchronous messaging is a new way to engage your online visitors. Online visitors can send messages even though no respondent is available to answer their queries in real-time.
This way, when the chat is out of snooze (new visitor message or out of the snooze period), it will be assigned to you and will reappear in your conversation panel as soon as you are available to receive a chat.
5. End a conversation
Do not forget to end your conversations when they are finished, in order to free up slots and receive others chats :
- Ask the visitor if they have any other questions ("Do you have any other questions ?")
- Tag the conversation for the record
6. Log out from iAdvize
Don't forget to log out when you're done chatting!
7. iAdvize Academy
Would you like to benefit from these good practices on video? Don't hesitate to connect to iAdvize Academy. Many training sessions will help you perfect your chatting skills!
Want to know more about the features of your conversation panel? Here are a few articles that will help you master your iAdvize solution!
- The desktop conversation panel
- Use custom canned answers
- How to forward a conversation with a visitor
- The mobile conversation panel
- FAQ: Conversation queues