1/ Is it possible to enable GDPR consent?
GDPR consent can be enabled during the mobile SDK’s integration phase. The first message sent to visitors asking them for their consent can be configured by the customer. Moreover, this message should include a link redirecting visitors to a web page specifying the brand’s legal conditions
2/ Is it possible to integrate external chatbots?
This feature is not included in the beta version of our mobile SDK.
3/ Would it be possible to modify the location of the chat button?
In the beta version of the mobile SDK, by default, we position the chat button in the bottom left corner. The integrator can choose to modify the location of the chat button. However, visitors cannot modify it as they see fit by clicking on the chat button and dragging it on their mobile screen.
4/ Will it be possible for visitors to retrieve the history of their mobile conversations on their desktop devices?
This feature is not included in the beta version of our mobile SDK. However, visitors authenticated on a mobile app from a smartphone and another mobile device (i.e. a tablet) will be able to retrieve the history of the conversations they’ve had from these different devices.
5/ Will it be possible to configure the mobile SDK from the administration (color / font customization, activation / deactivation of the chat button, etc.)?
This feature is not included in the beta version of our mobile SDK. All the mobile SDK settings should be changed by the integrator during the mobile SDK integration with the app.
6/ What are the different steps required to integrate the mobile SDK?
- Creating a new (iOS and / or Android) mobile app on the administration. Once the information about our customers’ mobile apps entered, a secret key and application ID will be provided for the second step of the integration. This first step only requires a dozen minutes as it’s simple and quick to do.
- Integrating the mobile SDK with our customers’ mobile apps. This operation only requires a few hours of development from our customers’ integrators. Using the secret key and the application ID provided by iAdvize in step 1, the integrator will be able to integrate the mobile SDK, customize the conversation interface, the chat button, the GDPR link, etc. The integrator will be able to rely on a demo app and a technical documentation made available on GitHub. Moreover, the Cheat Sheet are already available to explain this second step.
To know more (→ link soon)
7/ Will respondents (professional agents and ibbü experts) be able to use canned answers?
Yes, professional agents and experts have access to the same features when they handle a social / messaging conversation (excluding end of conversation tags).
8/ Will it be possible to block a malicious visitor interacting from a mobile app?
This feature is not included in the beta version of our mobile SDK. However, an expert or a professional agent still have this option for classical chat conversations so visitors chatting from a website.
9/ Will respondents (professional agents and ibbü experts) be able to see the mobile screen of visitors they are chatting with?
This feature is not included in the beta version of our mobile SDK.
10/ Will it be possible to add tags to conversations?
- For conversations handled by professional agents: yes
- For conversations handled by ibbü experts: no (they are impossible to add from the conversation panel and the ibbü mobile app)
11/ How are slots dedicated to mobile conversations handled?
Professional agents and experts will receive conversations coming from mobile apps in push mode. These mobile conversations will be managed in slots independent from the slots dedicated to classical chat conversations. In other words, if professional agents or experts can receive a maximum of 3 chat conversations, that they are currently handling 3 chat conversations, they can receive up to 2* additional mobile conversations on their conversation panel.
2*: the limit of mobile conversations a professional agent or expert can receive as part of the launch of the mobile SDK’s first version.
12/ Can agents stop handling a conversation to free up a “mobile slot”?
- Case 1: if the last message of the conversation is a messaging sent by the visitor and the agent stops handling this conversation, then the conversation will be reattributed to an agent available to handle this conversation.
- Case 2: if the last message of the conversation is a message sent by the agent, the agent stops handling this conversation, then the conversation won’t be reattributed. If then, a new message is sent by the visitor, the conversation is reattributed to an agent available to handle it. If after 7 days, no new message is sent by the visitor, the conversation will be automatically ended.
In all these cases, if no agents are available, the conversation remains on hold and will be distributed to an agent as soon as one is available.
13/ Will ibbü experts be able to stop handling a conversation to free up a “mobile slot”?
No. An expert can only definitely end a conversation.
14/ What happens if ibbü experts or professional agents don’t answer to the first message sent by a visitor?
If agents or experts don’t provide any answers within the 5minutes following the first message sent by the visitor, then this conversation will be reattributed to an agent that is available to handle it.
15/ What happens if ibbü experts or professional agents don’t answer to the message(s) sent by a visitor?
If agents or experts don’t provide any answers within the 12 hours following the last message sent by the visitor, then this conversation will be reattributed to an agent that is available to handle it.
16/ What happens if a visitor doesn’t answer to the message(s) sent by agents or experts?
Either the professional agent or expert decides to definitely end the conversation or it will be automatically be ended after 7 days. If the visitor answers later, a new conversation will be created and attributed to one of the agents available.
17/ To which agents will the earnings related to a conversation be attributed?
The earnings are always attributed to the last respondents who have handled the conversation (which means the respondent who has sent the last message, before the definite end of the conversation).
18/ Will it be possible to create targeting rules and associate them with a routing rule? i.e. I want to only display the chat button on the “Gardening” page and for conversations to be distributed to the experts who have this skill.
No. With the beta version of the mobile SDK, it won’t be possible to use targeting rules to choose which users of the app will be offered an invitation to chat. However, it is possible to distribute conversations to the right routing group thanks to routing rules.
Here are the steps you should follow to do so:
- Create a “mobile app” targeting rule in the administration (once again: this rule won’t be used to target mobile users but only to distribute conversations. These settings will be simplified in a future version of the mobile SDK).
- Associate this targeting rule with a routing rule (just like for chat conversations on desktop devices)
- Find the targeting rule’s ID created in step 1.
- Integrate this ID with the page of your mobile app where you want to display the chat button, in the code provided by the mobile SDK.
Soon : exemple of code with ID
Notes: in the beta version of the mobile SDK, it is not possible to create targeting rules like on desktop devices. The targeting criteria offered on desktop don’t work out for mobile devices. When creating the targeting rule, you choose the “Mobile App” channel, you don’t have any other criterion available to select and you simply save your rule.
It’s then up to the integrator to choose to only display the chat button on the “Gardening” page (for example) with, for example, customized display rules the integrator will have to set up, himself, on the mobile app. Thus, the targeting needs to be handled and configured by our customers when the mobile SDK is integrated with the mobile app.
19/ Does the SDK manage the visitor's language, i. e. allows the conversation to be assigned to the operator speaking the same language than the visitor?
Yes! Technically, it is up to integrators. They have two choices for the SDK: they can choose the device's language (=language configured on the mobile operating system) or use the language specifically set for the app by the visitor. Once, this parameter defined, conversations are sent to the routing engine which assigns them to the agents that can respond in this language.
20/ How heavy will the mobile SDK be?
- For Android: ~300ko
- For iOS: ~7Mo
21/ What are the package managers?
- For Android: Github
- For iOS: Cocoapods/Carthage
22/ What are the technical limits regarding the sending of files/images by the visitor?
- Authorized file formats: all types of images (jpeg, png, gif,...) & PDF
- Maximum size: 10MB