iAdvize has historically defined a conversation as an exchange of messages between a visitor and an agent.
1. What changes
1.1 The administrator and manager interface
- We officially launched the conversation log released in public beta end of 2018! In it, you will find conversations forwarded between agents and conversations handled by bots and transferred to a human agent displayed under a single unique conversation ID.
- Accessing the details of this conversation will allow you to read all the messages exchanged between the visitor and the different agents and/or bot. Moreover, the export feature will also include conversations handled by several different agents.
- You will find a list presenting all the other developments related to this new conversation log here.
A transferred conversation displayed in the new conversation log
- Statistical reports are also updated as they display one single conversation even if different agents have handled it (whether they are human agents or bots)
A transferred conversation displayed in the statistical report
1.2 REST API's “conversation” resource
We will update iAdvize REST API's conversation resource to centralize these transfers between agents in one and the same conversation.
- Our REST API documentation is available here: https://developers.iadvize.com/documentation#conversation
- We will share a specific communication to all our customers who use this resource. You can find out more about this update here:https://help.iadvize.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360022459531
2. What does not change
- The Contacts report remains the same, i.e. a conversation is a contact handled by one agent which means that a transferred conversation equals two contacts.
Transferred conversation displayed in the Contacts report is divided into two contacts