1. How can I tell if a conversation is asynchronous?
Asynchronous conversations can be identified by a banner at the top of the chatbox.
By clicking on the "More information" link, you will see an explanation panel appear that will help you better understand the specificities of asynchronous messaging.
2. Which features can I use when handling asynchronous conversations?
You can :
- Use canned answers
- Block tricky visitors
- Send emojis
- Add tags to conversations
- Send attachments
- Send offers and links
- Use the Mirroring feature (and see in real-time the online browsing behaviour of your website visitor) if the visitor is online, i.e. if the visitor is browsing the brand website
3. How are availability slots dedicated to asynchronous messaging managed?
You handle asynchronous conversations by using the same availability slots you already use for real-time conversations.
In other words, if you can receive up to 3 chat conversations, you will receive a limit of 3 chat conversations that will be either synchronous or asynchronous chats.
4. What makes asynchronous messaging different from instant messaging?
- Visitors are still on the website (green dot). You can have a real-time conversation.
- Visitors have left the brand's website (red dot). You can answer their message and they will see your response when they come back to the brand website.
Best practice: when the visitor is offline and an operator has sent the last message, it is unnecessary to wait for an answer from the visitor or leave the conversation open on the conversation panel. In this case, when an operator has sent the last message, it is preferable to snooze the conversation or end it.
The visitor also has the possibility to enter its email address in order to receive the agent's reply.
This one will be sent out, once a message was sent by the agent following a snooze, transfer or closing of the chat.
- 3 hours
- 1 day
- a personalised date at the time of your choosing
- you can wait for the visitor to come back to the website to answer you and leave this conversation open on your conversation panel.
6. How do I know if the conversation I have received on my conversation panel is a new conversation or if another agent has already started handling it?
7. What happens if visitors don't respond to the last messages I have sent them?