If you see the "It's an asynchronous conversation" banner at the top of your chat box, you are handling an asynchronous conversation.
By clicking on the "More info" link, you will see an explanation panel appear that will help you better understand the specificities of asynchronous messaging.
2/ Which features can I use when handling asynchronous conversations?
- Use canned answers
- Block tricky visitors
- Send emojis
- Add tags to conversations
- Send attachments
- Send offers and links
- Use the Mirroring feature (and see in real-time the online browsing behavior of your website visitor) if the visitor is online, i.e. if the visitor is browsing the brand website
3/ How are availability slots dedicated to asynchronous messaging managed?
You handle asynchronous conversations by using the same availability slots you already use for real-time conversations.
In other words, if you can receive up to 3 chat conversations, you will receive a limit of 3 chat conversations that will be either synchronous or asynchronous chats.
- Visitors are still on the website (green dot). You can have a real-time conversation.
- Visitors have left the brand's website (red dot). You can answer their message and they will see your response when they come back to the brand website.
Best practice: when the visitor is offline and an operator has sent the last message, it is unnecessary to wait for an answer from the visitor or leave the conversation open on the conversation panel. In this case, when an operator has sent the last message, it is preferable to snooze the conversation or end it.
Please note that:
- If the visitor responds to your last message, the conversation will be reattributed to the first agent available to handle it.
- If the visitor doesn't respond after the X-hour snooze period, the conversation will reappear in the conversation panel of an agent available to restart or definitely end it.
- you can wait for the visitor to come back to the website to answer you and leave this conversation open on your conversation panel.