In order to track the sales generated after contact, you need to install our conversion tag on your order confirmation page (or the other element you need to track).
1. Install the conversion tag
Prerequisite - Positioning the conversion code :
- The code must be inserted BEFORE the "classic" iAdvize code.
- In order to track the sales generated through iAdvize, you must install our conversion tag on the payment confirmation page of your site (for all payment methods offered).
Prerequisites - Filling in the variables of conversion tracking :
- cartAmount: order amount (mandatory - must contain an amount, greater than 0.00 - the decimal delimiter must be a period).
- tID: identifier of the order (mandatory - must be unique for each transaction)
Here is the content of this code (This is an example) :
- Please replace the values of the variables "cartAmount" and "tID" with their actual values.
2. How transactions are taken into account
- The tag must be present on the payment confirmation page (sales are recorded in the statistics)
- A sale is saved in iAdvize if the required parameters are filled in the conversion tag (unique transaction ID and transaction amount).
- A sale is associated with a conversation (and an agent : he must have sent at least one message in the conversation) if it has been made during the last conversation, or up to 48 hours after a conversation (this timeframe can be changed upon request).
- The conversation and the sale must be carried out from the same browser.
3. Check the implementation of the conversion tag
From the browser console :
- On your confirmation page, open your browser's console (Under Chrome: Right-click > "Inspect", then select "Console")
- Type "idzTrans" (without quotes, with a capital "T") and press "Enter". If your conversion code is correctly inserted, you will find your values :
In case of errors :
- If you get an error, or "undefined,"
=> The conversion code does not seem to be inserted on this page, its implementation is to be checked on your side.
- If the cartAmount / tID values are not correct
=> The filling in of these values is to be checked on your side
4. Technical constraints
If you find discrepancies with your Analytics tool and the results in the iAdvize administration, you can consult the article Sales / Monitoring transactions - technicals constraints