You can also deploy your automation strategy on third-party channels: WhatsApp, Messenger or AMB (Apple Messages for Business).
However, each channel may have its own specificities that will have to be taken into account when you install your bot on those channels, here is a review of WhatsApp.
- On WhatsApp, the visitor composed area can never be locked whereas, on the chat, when a bot sends an MCQ, the visitor doesn’t have access to his composing area and can only click on one of the replies suggested by the bot.
⚠ Limit on the number of multiple choices answers: 10 maximum (see: Bot Builder)
5. Create a campaign and targeting rule for WhatsApp
- Go to the following path: Engagement > Campaign > Click on Create a targeting campaign
- Then you just need to define a name for your campaign. For example "WhatsApp"
- Then select the channel in the 3rd Party Messaging app
- Save to proceed to the next step: Campaign objective
- Select an objective for this campaign
- Then, if you need, create a targeting rule to display a notification on your site. For example: "Btn - WhatsApp"
NB: It will not be necessary to add this rule (Btn - WhatsApp) to a distribution rule. In fact, as soon as it is created, the notification will automatically be displayed on your site according to the criteria entered in the targeting rule.
6. Create a listening rule
To receive conversations from WhatsApp, after selecting your campaign goal (and creating a targeting rule if applicable), you will proceed to the step of creating a listening rule. Click on "Create Rule".
- Define the name of your rule
- Then, add conditions for receiving messages from the channel
⚠ In your listening rules conditions (Facebook/Messenger, WhatsApp, SMS), make sure to respect these 4 elements:
- add keywords in lower case and without accent
- use negative conditions such as: "Content of the message does not contain" to facilitate distribution
- do not use the ( | ) format
- but use one word per condition *word*
- Save your campaign as well as the created listening rules by clicking on "Save".
7. Add your listening rule to a routing rule
After creating your listening rule, add it to a new or existing routing rule, so that messages can be received by the dedicated agents. Click on "Engagement" > "Routing".