iAdvize now offers you the opportunity to improve your visitors' conversational experience with a new chat box that meets the current design codes of the messaging apps you and your customers use.
This article aims at providing you with a clear overview of this first version functional scope.
1. Chat box format
- This new chat box is responsive, optimising it for any display resolutions, on any devices, especially smartphones where the chat box is in full screen.
- We have created a new chat button in bubble format when the chatbox is minimised.
- We display the number of new agent messages using a dot.
- The display of the conversation's start date
- The display of rich contents (images, attached files, links, ...)
- We display the history of past conversations and of the conversation in progress.
- Messages informing you of the beginning and end of the conversation disappear.
6. A new text input field
- The text input field is now automatically extended as you write your message.
- When sending messages, you have access to an emoji panel.
To ensure a smooth and understandable exchange, a visitor will not just be able to send a “space” (or blank character) into the input field to start a conversation or when a conversation is ongoing.
- The settings panel is available from the area at the top of the chat box.
- You have fields to fill in visitors' e-mail addresses and allow them:
- to receive the conversation history via email
- You have access to GDPR information.
- You can hide the history of active and past conversations.
- Only agents can decide to close conversations first. Visitors can only reduce the chatbox during the conversation.
However, when an agent closes the conversation on his side, the satisfaction survey appears for the visitor.
Once the satisfaction survey is completed, the visitor can decide to reduce the chatbox and then close it.
- The new chat box is accessible to all users, including disabled persons, regardless of the device used (mobile phones, tablets, etc.) or conditions of use (noise level, lighting, etc.).
- Requirements met by the Messenger to be compliant with AA level of WCAG 2.1 Standard:
- Comply with minimum contrast ratio (builders allow to choose the color, the Brand is responsible to choose colors with a minimum contrast ratio)
- Anything that appears, disappears, or changes in the notification button & chatbox, has to be announced by the screen reader
- Any error, alert or information message that appears as a result of a user action should be announced by the screenreader
- Users should be able to navigate the entire chatbox using the keyboard
- Users should be able to reduce the chatbox with escape key
- No duplicated IDs
- HTML should be structured properly and follow a logical order (based on the entire website)
- The following elements can be customised:
- The main colour (visitors' messages background, header, minimised version of the button) and the secondary colour (sending icon, quick reply)
- Automatic messages contents (opening messages, error messages, ...)