The estimated wait time automated flow is an automated way to indicate visitors how long they have to wait before talking to a human respondent. This feature is available across web and in-app chat, and the video channel. It is especially useful in an asynchronous conversation.
As this feature is currently in beta, you can get in touch with your usual contact at iAdvize to activate it.
The automated flow of estimated wait time allows you to improve the asynchronous conversation experience of your visitors by displaying the time remaining before speaking with an agent.
The automated flow of estimated wait time offers more transparency to your visitors about their wait time and allows you to increase their satisfaction and limit abandonment during an asynchronous conversation.
3. What kind of experience do you offer your visitors?
The estimated wait time is displayed to your visitors who are waiting in a queue during an asynchronous conversation.
There are several possible scenarios:
- the visitor's conversation is distributed to a group of advisors with a queue,
- the conversation is transferred by a bot or by a human to a group of queued advisors.
If the waiting time is exceeded, a reassurance message will appear to help them wait a little longer, such as: "Our teams seem to be busier than expected, but someone should get back to you soon. Thank you for your patience."
You can offer your visitors to be reached via email if they think the wait time is too long.
This can be done by combining the estimated time display with the email request automated flow: this customizable email request can be displayed every time a visitor is waiting or only if their wait time is greater than x seconds/minutes.
Below is an example of the association of the two automated flows.
Finally, you can choose to create a specific message to respond to visitors outside of business hours. In this case: "Leave us a message and we will reply as soon as possible during our opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm. Feel free to add details below".
4. Create your automated flow
Since this feature is currently in beta, get in touch with your usual iAdvize contact to activate it.
5. Combine this flow with the email request automated flow
- Go to the "Automation" section and then to "Automated Flows".
- In the "Email Request" section, click on the "Create" button.
- Then define the display criteria for the estimated wait time and the email request.
You can define several criteria that can be added together.
- You can set the estimated wait time.
- You can also define working or non-working hours - if not defined, the email request is triggered at any time.
- And you can define the relevant targeting and distribution rules - if these are not defined, the email request is triggered for all targeting rules or for all distribution rules.
- Test the email request with the "Start" button at the bottom right.