You want to manage your Facebook/Messenger conversations from your desk? Nothing could be easier! This article will guide you step by step...
1. Channel activation
To use Facebook Messenger, you should have the Facebook channel activated in your iAdvize account. Please contact your Success Manager if it isn't already done.
2. Facebook Messenger synchronization
"Message Us" could be used in the same way as a floating button.
Add your Facebook Messenger account directly in the iAdvize administration by this way :
Engagement > Settings > Messenger > Add new pages
Several pages could be synchronized at the same time in the iAdvize interface. You just have to select the pages and to validate this step. Then, you'll receive a confirmation message and the Facebook pages should appear in the iAdvize administration. Global Facebook pages are able via iAdvize and it's possible to synchronize every single "daughter" page.
When we synchronize your account "Messenger", it is your Facebook page and all private messages associated with it.
Therefore, we collect all private messages addressed to this page via this following ways:
- Thanks to the iAdvize buttons (floating or fixed) via the Messenger redirection;
- Via the "Message" button placed on your Facebook page.
Vice-versa, messages are also present in your Facebook private messaging page.
So this is the same messaging system that is available on several devices :
- Messenger on desktop http://www.messenger.com;
- Messenger mobile application;
- Private messaging Facebook (desktop and mobile).
Like any iAdvize interaction element, the display of the Message Us button is conditioned by targeting rules, or present as a fixed button.
3. Activation of the channel for users
The last step consists to add the social media expertise to your agents who have to answer to social media messages.
By the way, a picking-list corresponded to one SID where the rules and the social accounts are synchronized. So, this requires that the user has the correct site associated in his "Expertise" field.
4. Create a campaign and targeting rule for social and 3rd party channels
First of all, the creation of a campaign dedicated to the channel is necessary. Go to the following path: Engagement > Campaign > Click on Create a targeting campaign
- Then you just need to define a name for your campaign. For example: "Facebook/Messenger"
- Then select the desired channel in the 3rd Party Messaging app or Social Networks
- Save to proceed to the next step: Campaign objective
- Select an objective for this campaign
- Then, if you need, create a targeting rule to display a notification on your site. For example: "Btn - Messenger"
5. Create a rule
After selecting your campaign objective (and creating a targeting rule if applicable), you will proceed to the step of creating a filtering or listening rule to retrieve conversations from that channel. Click on "Create a rule".
5.1 Create a targeting rule
- Define the name of your rule
- Then, add conditions for receiving messages from the channel
- Collect all messages addressed to your Facebook Messenger account that meet these conditions
|Message content (1)||Match with wildcards / Does not match with wildcards||Text||The value can be used with * to expend it. Example : *bio* will also return antibiotic.|
|Message type||Is/ Is not||A name within the list||Allows the user to create a rule for a specific page and route it to the right agents|
|Parent account ID (2)||Is/ Is not||Number||Allows to determine which Page IDs and Post Facebook IDs are used on Facebook Rules|
|Account||Is/ Is not||A name within the list||Let the user create rules for a specific account and then route them to the right agents|
- Save your campaign as well as the created listening rules by clicking on "Save".
Adding a time filter allows you to set up a differentiated treatment of conversations according to their creation date/time.
This type of rule can allow you to set up a specific distribution from 9am to 8pm and another distribution from 8pm to 9am. Or even the week/weekend.
How to do it ?
- Define the name of your listening rule (for example "Opening Hours")
- Then, in the list of conditions choose the slots you want
6/ In the conditions menu I click on "Time".
7/ I create a condition Time "greater than" 20:00. I validate.
8/ I create a second condition Hour "smaller" than 08:30. I validate.
I validate this second targeting rule.
6. Add your listening rule to a routing rule
After creating your listening rule, add it to a new or existing routing rule, so that messages can be received by the dedicated agents. Click on "Engagement" > "Routing".
To learn more about the implementation of Facebook/Messenger, please consult the following guide: