If you want to use iAdvize Lightning Components, the following requirements must be met before the package installation:
- Lightning experience must have been enabled in the target organization
- You need to connect to the Salesforce environment with a System Administrator account to install the package
- The organization domain must be validated by registering a domain name in My Domain setup screen
1. Install Salesforce App on the iAdvize Platform
The first step is to install the Salesforce app on your iAdvize account:
- Go to the iAdvize Administration platform > Apps
- Select Salesforce, click on Discover
- Click on Install and follow the 3 steps
2. iAdvize Package Installation on Salesforce
2.1. Get the iAdvize package
In order to deploy your iAdvize package on a target environment you must access the package installation wizard.
The current version of the package is 1.22
Option 1: AppExchange
You can install the package from the Salesforce AppExchange : https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N3A00000EcsFxUAJ
Option 2: Link
You can install the package with the URL below:
For production environments:
For sandbox environments:
2.2. Install the iAdvize package
- Choose the option Install for Admins Only and click on Install
- Tick Yes, grant access to these third-party web sites in order to authorize third party app communications and click Continue
- Wait until the installation is complete
If you see the screen below, click on Done to finish the installation process. Sometimes the app takes a long time to install, you will receive an email when the installation is complete.
3. Configuration Steps on Salesforce
3.1. Assign the Permissions to the End Users
Permissions must be set to access the iAdvize package features. Two permissions come with the iAdvize package:
- iAdvize - Administrator: this permission grant access to the whole iAdvize app features, including the Setup tab.
- iAdvize - User: this permission grant access to the whole iAdvize app features, except the Setup tab. You should grant this permission to your agents.
- Enter the Setup menu
- Go to Users > Permission Sets
- Click on iAdvize - Administrator or iAdvize - User - depending on the permission to assign
- Click on Manage Assignments
- Click on Add Assignments
- Tick the checkboxes of the chosen users then click on Assign
- Then click on Done
3.2. Set the User Page Layout
Setting up the User Page layout adds the fields: iAdvize sync, SSO Token, Group ID, Operator ID, Sync date, Sync status, Sync error, to your user pages. These fields will allow the synchronisation between your salesforce users and iAdvize.
- Enter the Setup menu
- Go to Object Manager > User > User Page Layouts
A customized iAdvize User Layout is now available. You can either use this layout (option 1) or choose to update your own User Layout (option 2).
Option 1: Define the iAdvize user layout as default
- Click on User Page Layout Assignment
- Then click on Edit Assignment"
- Select the profiles you want to modify, then in the dropdown menu select iAdvize User Layout and click on the Save button
Option 2: Customize an existing user layout
- On the layout line to customize, click on the arrow at the end of the line then Edit
- Drag and drop the entire iAdvize fields: iAdvize sync, SSO Token, Group ID, Operator ID, Sync date, Sync status, Sync error
- Then Save
3.3. Customize your Salesforce Object Page Layouts: Contact, Account, Lead, Case
You can add the iAdvize objects Visitor or Conversation in your Contact, Account or Lead objects.
To add these fields, you can either choose to use the iAdvize layouts that have been made available while downloading the iAdvize package, or you can customize your own layouts with the iAdvize objects: Visitor and Conversation.
For more information on how to do so please see this article.
3.4. Give access to the "iAdvize_canvas_prd" and "rest_api" connected apps to your Salesforce organization’s data
This step allows the iAdvize app to access your Salesforce organization data, and it allows your users to access the iAdvize App. You must give authorizations to both the iAdvize_canvas_prd and the rest_api applications.
- Enter the Setup menu
- Go to App > Connected Apps > Manage Connected Apps
3.4.1. Authorize apps to access your Salesforce organization data
- Click on Edit on the iAdvize_canvas_prd and rest_api lines
- Change the option Permitted Users to Admin approved users are pre-authorized and click on Save
3.4.2. Authorize user profiles to access these apps
- Click on the iAdvize_canvas_prd and rest_api names and add the granted profiles by clicking on the Manage Profiles button
- Tick the profiles to grant (Standard User and System Administrator) then click on Save
3.5. iAdvize Connector Configuration
This step establishes the communication between iAdvize and your salesforce organisation.
- Log-in to your environment with a user who has the iAdvize - Administration permission
- Click on the ’App Launcher and choose iAdvize
- Then click on the Setup tab, see screenshot below:
3.5.1. Connector configuration
⚠️Whatever the environment you are installing the iAdvize app on, in this section you must choose Production as it means the iAdvize app in production.
- Select Production in the dropdown menu and click on Edit
3.5.2. Salesforce authorization
You have to authorize the package implementation into Salesforce.
- Click on Authorize
- Request’s status is indicated by a pop-up, click on OK to finalize the authorization
Authorization not done or in error
3.5.3 API configuration
In this section you enter your iAdvize account settings:
- Click on Edit
- Complete with your API details sent by iAdvize and Save
ℹ️The iAdvize API Key is the Rest API Key and the iAdvize File API Key is the GraphQL API Key.
3.5.4. Website configuration
- Click on Add Website
- Select the website you want to add and Save
3.6. Link your iAdvize and Salesforce user profiles
The setting is almost finished! Before you can start using the iAdvize app in salesforce, you just have to link your Salesforce user profiles to iAdvize. There are two possibilities :
- your users have both user profiles into iAdvize and into Salesforce: you can manually link their profiles together
- your salesforce users do not have iAdvize user profiles: you can automatically create iAdvize user profiles based on your Salesforce user ones