If you want to use iAdvize Lightning Components, the following requirements must be met before the package installation:
- Lightning experience must have been enabled in the target organization
- You need to connect to the Salesforce environment with a System Administrator account to install the package
- The organization domain must be validated by registering a domain name in My Domain setup screen
1. Install Salesforce App on the iAdvize Platform
The first step is to install the Salesforce app on your iAdvize account:
- Go to the iAdvize Administration platform > Apps
- Select Salesforce, click on Discover
- Click on Install and follow the 3 steps
2. iAdvize Package Installation on Salesforce
2.1. Get the iAdvize package
In order to deploy your iAdvize package on a target environment you must access the package installation wizard.
The current version of the package is 1.32
Don't worry, the package you are installing is from iAdvize and it is developed by a Salesforce certified partner who follows the security review rules.
2.2. Install the iAdvize package
- Choose the option Install for Admins Only and click on Install
- Tick Yes, grant access to these third-party web sites in order to authorize third party app communications and click Continue
- Wait until the installation is complete
If you see the screen below, click on Done to finish the installation process. Sometimes the app takes a long time to install, you will receive an email when the installation is complete.
3. Configuration Steps on Salesforce
3.1. Assign the Permissions to the End Users
Permissions must be set to access the iAdvize package features. Two permissions* come with the iAdvize package:
- iAdvize - Administrator: this permission grant access to the whole iAdvize app features, including the Setup tab.
- iAdvize - User: this permission grant access to the whole iAdvize app features, except the Setup tab. You should grant this permission to your agents.
*you have the choice: either add these permission sets to the users or create profiles with the same rights as those existing in these permission sets.
- Enter the Setup menu
- Go to Users > Permission Sets
- Click on iAdvize - Administrator or iAdvize - User - depending on the permission to assign
- Click on Manage Assignments
- Click on Add Assignments
- Tick the checkboxes of the chosen users then click on Assign
- Then click on Done
3.2. Set the User Page Layout
Setting up the User Page layout adds the fields: iAdvize sync, SSO Token, Group ID, Operator ID, Sync date, Sync status, Sync error, to your user pages. These fields will allow the synchronisation between your salesforce users and iAdvize.
- Enter the Setup menu
- Go to Object Manager > User > User Page Layouts
A customized iAdvize User Layout is now available. You can either use this layout (option 1) or choose to update your own User Layout (option 2).
Option 1: Define the iAdvize user layout as default
- Click on User Page Layout Assignment
- Then click on Edit Assignment"
- Select the profiles you want to modify, then in the dropdown menu select iAdvize User Layout and click on the Save button
Option 2: Customize an existing user layout
- On the layout line to customize, click on the arrow at the end of the line then Edit
- Drag and drop the entire iAdvize fields: iAdvize sync, SSO Token, Group ID, Operator ID, Sync date, Sync status, Sync error
- Then Save
3.3. Customize your Salesforce Object Page Layouts: Contact, Account, Lead, Custom object, Case
You can add the iAdvize objects Visitor or Conversation in your Contact, Account, Lead or any Custom objects.
To add these fields, you can either choose to use the iAdvize layouts that have been made available while downloading the iAdvize package, or you can customize your own layouts with the iAdvize objects: Visitor and Conversation.
For more information on how to do so please see this article.
3.4. Give access to the "iAdvize_canvas_prd" and "rest_api" connected apps to your Salesforce organization’s data
This step allows the iAdvize app to access your Salesforce organization data, and it allows your users to access the iAdvize App. You must give authorizations to both the iAdvize_canvas_prd and the rest_api applications.
- Enter the Setup menu
- Go to App > Connected Apps > Manage Connected Apps
3.4.1. Authorize apps to access your Salesforce organization data
- Click on Edit on the iAdvize_canvas_prd and rest_api lines
- Change the option Permitted Users to Admin approved users are pre-authorized and click on Save
3.4.2. Authorize user profiles to access these apps
- Click on the iAdvize_canvas_prd and rest_api names and add the granted profiles by clicking on the Manage Profiles button
- Tick the profiles to grant (Standard User and System Administrator) then click on Save
3.5. iAdvize Connector Configuration
This step establishes the communication between iAdvize and your salesforce organisation.
- Log-in to your environment with a user who has the iAdvize - Administration permission
- Click on the ’App Launcher and choose iAdvize
- Then click on the Setup tab, see screenshot below:
3.5.1. Connector configuration
⚠️Whatever the environment you are installing the iAdvize app on, in this section you must choose Production as it means the iAdvize app in production.
- Select Production in the dropdown menu and click on Edit
3.5.2. Salesforce authorization
You have to authorize the package implementation into Salesforce.
- Click on Authorize
- Request’s status is indicated by a pop-up, click on OK to finalize the authorization
Authorization not done or in error
3.5.3 API configuration
In this section you enter your iAdvize account settings:
- Click on Edit
- Complete with your API details sent by iAdvize and Save
ℹ️The iAdvize API Key is the Rest API Key and the iAdvize File API Key is the GraphQL API Key.
3.5.4. Website configuration
- Click on Add Website
ℹ️. a website (=SID = project in the iAdvize platform) can only be added once: it means that if you ran some test using a SID in your SF Sandbox environment, you will need to delete that website from the configuration in order for you to use it in your SF production environment.
- Select the website you want to add and Save
3.6. Link your iAdvize and Salesforce user profiles
The setting is almost finished! Before you can start using the iAdvize app in salesforce, you just have to link your Salesforce user profiles to iAdvize. There are two possibilities :
- your users have both user profiles into iAdvize and into Salesforce: you can manually link their profiles together
- your salesforce users do not have iAdvize user profiles: you can automatically create iAdvize user profiles based on your Salesforce user ones
3.7. Use the utility bar to keep the focus on the right customer
When using the utility bar (i.e. iAdvize in Salesforce) with several conversations at the same time, the screen behind follows: if the agent switches from a conversation A to a conversation B in the utility bar, then we keep the focus on the right customer record in relation to the right conversation behind.
To adapt the size of the iframe, you can do so by going into the Setup section then in the Platform tools
- App manager -> Find the App -> click on Edit
- App settings -> Utility items -> Add “chat iAdvize”
ℹ️ The optimal screen resolutions to apply are available in this article.
3.8. Use the Record Types
If your setup in Salesforce registers several types of case (recordtype) then when you click on "open case" there is a small pop up in which you have to select one of the existing recordtypes. If there are no recordtypes then the default recordtype will be selected.