- Link the iAdvize Visitor object to the Salesforce object of your choice (Contact, Lead or Account)
- Add custom fields into the agent chat closing form to give more context to the conversation
- Allow your agents to create a case when they close a conversation
- Choose to open automatically a case when a conversation starts
You find these four options in Salesforce under the iAdvize Connector Configuration section (click on App Launcher, choose iAdvize and click on the Setup tab). Note that you must use a user profile with the "Advize - Administrator" permission to go to this section.
- Then go to the Website Configuration part and click on the ⚙️(gear icon) of the website you want to personalize and click on Edit like below:
The panel below opens, this is where you can set these four options.
1. Link the iAdvize Visitor object to the Salesforce object of your choice (Contact, Lead or Account)
- your customer CRM profile to be available from the agent desk through the Salesforce object you linked to
- you to access the Visitor object from the Salesforce object you linked to (Contact, Account or Lead)
- you to access the Salesforce Contact, Account or Lead object from the iAdvize Visitor object
- In Select Salesforce Object choose the Salesforce object to link
- Then map at least one iAdvize fields with the Salesforce fields that matches it
⚠️ If you match the two iAdvize fields, please note that they are cumulative : the condition between these two rows is a logical "AND".
First example : I want to map the iAdvize Visitor object on the Salesforce Lead object and perform this mapping on the email field. Here is the configuration:
ℹ️ Please note that the iAdvize Visitor email can be detected thanks to :
Second example : I want to map the iAdvize Visitor object on the Salesforce Contact object and perform this mapping if and only if the Visitor email field is equal to a Contact email field and if the Visitor external ID field is equal to a Contact Master Record ID field.
Here is the configuration:
2. Add custom fields into the agent chat closing form to give more context to the conversation
To give more context to the conversation, your agents can add a comment in a custom field when they close the conversation. These custom fields will enrich the Conversation object like the example below:
- To add up to four fields in the agent closing form, go to the Conversation’s closing options data, name them. You can make it a requirement by ticking the required option.
- Then click on the toggle button at the end of the line and Save
This is how it looks like in the agent closing form:
3. Allow your agents to create a case when they close a conversation
This option gives your agents the possibility to create a Case on Salesforce through the agent closing form.
A new check box Create a case at conversation’s end will be displayed
Then you have to create a process with the Salesforce's Process Builder to trigger the creation of a Case.
STEP 1: Display the checkbox to allow your agent to request a case creation
- On the Conversation closing options data, you first must enable the option Create case like below:
When the agent ticks this checkbox to request the creation of a case, this checkbox will be ticked on the Conversation object:
STEP 2: Create the Process Builder
Now that we have the information we need to create a Case at the end of the conversation, we have to create a process that triggers when the Conversation object is created or updated.
- Go to Setup then click on Process Automation > Process Builder
- Click on the New button to create a new process
- Name your process and describe it
- Select A record changes on the last select box then Save
- Click on the box ➕Add Object
- In the right panel, select the object Conversation because that’s the object where the changes are detected and select when a record is created or edited
- Then click on Save
- Click on the box ➕Add Criteria
- In the right panel, give a name to your criteria
- Select Conditions are met
- In the Set Conditions block, click on the first field and find the field Create case at the conversation’s end
- Click on the Choose button
- Select the value True and Save
- In the Immediate action block, click on ➕Add Action
- In the right panel, select the action type Create a Record
- Give a name to your action, for example Create case
- Select the record type Case
- In the Set Field Values block, depending on your configuration, you will have some default fields. In our case, we have Business Hours ID, Case Currency and Status so we need to define a default value for these fields.
- Click on ➕Add Row and select the field Case Reason
- Select the type Field Reference then click in the Value input
- Find and select the field Custom Field 1 and click the Choose button
- Click on ➕Add Row and select the field Conversation
- Select the type Field Reference then click in the Value
- Find and select the field Record ID and click the Choose button
⚠️ If you want to link the Conversation object to the Case like above, you first need to add the field Conversation to your Case object layout. You can read this article to learn how to customize your Case object layout.
- Click the Save button
- Click the Activate button to activate your process builder
Your process is now activated and will trigger on any creations or modifications of a Conversation object.
If the checkbox Create Case at conversation’s end is ticked, the process will create a new Case object using the Custom Field 1 to populate the Case Reason field.
ℹ️ For more information about the Salesforce Process Builder, you can read this Salesforce article.
4. Choose to open automatically a case when a conversation starts
This option automatically opens a Case in a new tab in Salesforce when a conversation starts. Your users can add information to it while chatting with a visitor. They also have the choice to discard or save the case.
Depending on your configuration and settings, the Conversation object will be attached to the case. If the Visitors are recognized and linked to a Contact or an Account object they will be attached to the case via one of these object.
- To enable this option, turn on the toggle like below and Save
ℹ️ If you want to link the Conversation object to the Case, you need to add the field Conversation to your Case object layout.
From now, when a visitor starts a chat, a new tab will automatically open:
Your agents will be able to fill the Case form during the conversation: