When a conversation is ended, the agent can tag the discussion using conversation types. These types (also called discussion types) then allow statistical data to be extracted according to the conversation topic.
1. Managing discussion types
1.1 Add a new discussion type
Click on "People" -> "Content" and select "Type of conversation" on the dropdown menu located in the upper left-hand corner.
Click on the to add a new type
Enter the name of the new conversation type and choose if it should be used by your agents, by the experts or both. (only visible if the Community or Ibbü have been activated in your account).
2. Edit conversation types
Click on the to modify the name or the availability of a conversation type.
3. Put a conversation type OFF
You don't have the possibility to delete completely the conversation types. However, you can switch them ON or OFF so that they will keep on being display in your statistics but the agents won't see them in theirpanel. Once a conversation type has been deactivated, the agent can't select it anymore in the dropdown menu.
4. Allow agents to qualify conversations when they close a conversation
At the end of each conversation, you can allow the agents to qualify them at closing time. To do this, please click on the button and activate the option.
2 options are then offered to you in the settings of the conversation types.
- Makes it compulsory for agents to qualify conversations when they close a conversation : If this option is enabled, then the agent will be required to select one or more conversations types before the chat can be closed. Otherwise, the chat will not be closed.
- Allow agents to create new types of conversations when they close a conversation (1) : If this option is activated, then the agent will be able to create a new conversation type by entering it in the dedicated area, then after typing the "Enter" key on the keyboard, he will be able to close the conversation (see point 5 : using conversation types). The conversation type will automatically be added to the list.
5. Using conversation types
When a conversation is being closed (or at a later point, from the chat logs), the agent is asked to tag the conversation. This step consists of tagging the conversation using one or more types, and also adding an end of discussion note if necessary.
These actions are available for agents using the Desktop or Mobile application of iAdvize and IBBÜ.
This is when the discussion types are used.
Display on Desktop :
(1) If the option "Allow agents to create new types of conversations when they close a conversation" is selected, the agent will then be able to enter the new dedicated conversation type, then press the "Enter" key to validate it before closing the chat.
Enter your new conversation type
Press the "Enter" key on the keyboard
Display on mobile :
Click on "Add a tag". The list of conversation types will display.
If you want to create a new tag (conversation type), click on "Create Tag". It will then be automatically added to the list of conversation types.
A Manager or Administrator can also tag a conversation afterwards :
Reports -> Conversations -> Edit a conversation .
... and can also remove unsuitable labels.
6. Take advantage of the conversation types
If the conversations have been tagged, you can filter your reports by type and highlight productivity factors.