Visitors' needs can vary depending on the page they are looking at, which can in turn require your agents to have knowledge of a particular field (technical, invoicing etc.). Accounts can be organised by skill in order to automatically direct your visitors towards the right agent.
1/ Managing skills
To edit or create a new group, select "People" on the upper menu bar and select "Skills" under "Management".
To add a skill, click the + button that you can find on the right.
On the skill management page you can:
- Give the name of the skill to be created
- Decide to display this skill to your community experts
- Give a telephone number. Note: giving a telephone number can be useful with certain click to call configurations. As it is complicated to implement, this requires support from a Program Manager.
- Choose the parent skill, if you wish to create a sub-skill. This choice is not mandatory.
- Enable the transfer of a visitor targeted by a rule with this skill to agents without any skills (in case of unavailability of skilled agents for instance).
- Enable visitors targeted by a rule with another skill to be forwarded to an agent with this skill.
Note: In this example, we can see that the skill "After sales service" has the parent skill "Main skill".
2/ Using skills
2.1/Assigning user accounts to skills
Once skills have been created, they must be assigned to certain user accounts in order to be used.
In the form for modifying or creating a user account, you will find a "Skills" section, where you can simply select the skills you wish to assign to the user.
Note: several skills can be selected at once.
2.2/ In targeting rules
After assigning skills to your user accounts, you can create targeting rules to allow you to automatically direct visitors to a particular skill.
In the settings for a rule, go to "Advanced settings" and choose the skill to which the visitor should be directed:
Here, contacts triggered by this rule will be directed to agents with the after sales service skill.
Note: By default, if no agents with the after sales service skill are available, the visitor will be directed to another agent.
2.3/ From the discussion panel, when forwarding a conversation
When you forward a conversation, it is possible to filter agents currently connected by several criteria: their role (agent, manager, administrator) or by skill (also called department).
- The skills correspond to the skills already put in place.
- Here we also find the hierarchy created, with the parent skill "Main skill" which contains "After sales service".
We also recommend reading: