During a conversation, it is possible to visualise the page your visitors are currently on (mirroring). You can also take over their browsing (co-browsing). However, some elements cannot be technically reproduced yet.
1. Technical recommendations
- Bandwidth: In order to easily use the mirroring and co-browsing features, we recommend you to save 2 MB of bandwidth per agent. This is a high range, which varies according to the weight of the site you want to reproduce, and the number of simultaneous agents.
An undersized bandwidth will cause display problems and loss of grip. It will also have an impact on the overall stability of the conversation panel.
As an indication only, here are the results of our few tests on our environments:
- The conversation panel loading represents 1.4MB (without cache, but 40.5KB when reloading with cache)
- The conversation initialization represented 212KB
- Then a message sent on the advisor side consumed between 0.5KB and 1KB approximately
These tests are an example in context, it will also depend on the channels used on the console, the duration and the content of the exchange for each visitor.
- Supported browsers: Here is the list of the browsers supported by iAdvize.
To have the best possible experience with iAdvize, we recommend you to use the latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari.
- Domain: Make sure you authorise the *.iadvize.com domain in CORS Policy (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing), if applicable.
2. The limits of the mirroring feature
If visitors look at a page which contains the following elements, they will not be replicated on the discussion panel:
- flash contains
- web components
3. The limits of co-browsing
The following actions cannot be taken into account when agents take control of visitors' browsing:
- The "hover" of the elements and menus will not be reproduced on the visitor's side as well as all the actions related to it
- Actions on Google Maps integrated into web pages
- The visitor must remain on the tab for which co-browsing has been activated for the time of the session
For more information, please read the following article: The visitor's page remains blank in the background of the discussion panel